Looking for an excellent work/life balance and a rewarding and challenging career at an established public accounting firm? Thompson Greenspon, a Fairfax CPA firm and Washington Post Top Workplace, seeks a Full-Time or Part-Time Business Accounting Services Staff to work on the accounting needs of our diverse client base.
In this position you will have the opportunity to make an impact by performing a variety of accounting needs for the firm’s clients. Candidates who are eager to learn, able to prioritize projects, collaborate with others, learn new technologies and communicate with clients will thrive in this position.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Data entry into accounting systems
- Reconcile bank and credit card statements
- Preparation of sales tax returns
- Record and reconcile payroll transactions
- Assist with month-end and year-end close process
- Preparation of Federal, state and local payroll returns
- Preparation of personal property returns and business licenses
- Preparation of year-end 1099s
- Provide general QB support to clients
- Professional interaction with clients
- Identifying omissions and preparing requests to clients for additional/missing information
Qualified candidates will:
- Have 1+ years of relevant experience
- Be detail-oriented
- Possess strong computer skills, including MS Office, QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online
- Understand and respect client confidentiality
- Be able to work with a team, while also being able to work independently
- Enjoy learning new things and growing professionally
- QuickBooks certification a plus
Please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your specific experience related to the above listed skills and responsibilities and your salary requirements.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits package and an excellent working environment, including free parking and gym access. Visit here for more information on our firm and benefits offered.
Join our Team!
Click below to apply today
Thompson Greenspon is one of Northern Virginia’s largest accounting firms and is located in Fairfax, Virginia. We have been serving clients since 1956 and are known for our expertise in the areas of construction, professional services, non-profits, government contracting and employee benefit plans. Our primary services include audit and accounting, taxation, and business consulting. Our Firm philosophy, “Everything we do starts with knowing a client's business inside out. That's the key - to anticipating their needs, to solving their problems, to bringing them opportunities they might not find on their own," guides our success.
Partnering in your professional success. Proud to be one of The Washington Post’s Top Workplaces for many years
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.