Interested in a challenging career in public accounting? Looking for the ideal work/life balance?
Thompson Greenspon, one of Northern Virginia’s largest accounting firms, is growing and seeks exceptional, experienced tax staff accountants to join the Firm.
Our tax team prepares Federal and Multistate tax returns, (C Corporation, S Corporation, trust and estate, individual, non-profit, corporate and partnership using Prosystems Fx), conducts research, performs tax planning and projections and prepares tax correspondence.
As a Tax Staff Accountant, a qualified candidate will have the opportunity to make an impact by:
- Preparing a variety of tax returns for multiple clients including: S-Corps, C-Corps, Partnerships and Individuals.
- Developing a relationship with and maintaining contact with individual clients.
- Identifying tax planning and consulting opportunities.
- Having the ability to work for multiple clients simultaneously.
- Communicating directly with clients and serving as the primary point of contact.
- Proactively communicates with other staff on status of projects and assistance needed.
- Being cognizant of time budgets, but not allowing time budgets to sacrifice the quality and/or efficiency.
A qualified Tax Staff Accountant will:
- Have 1+ years recent CPA firm experience.
- Be able to multi-task and remain organized in a high client volume environment
- Have their CPA license or actively pursuing.
- Possess broad tax knowledge.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate strong organization skills and attention to detail.
Ranked as a Top Workplace for a fifth consecutive year by The Washington Post, Thompson Greenspon knows this is due to the fact that their top priority is ensuring a happy and healthy workplace. The Firm achieves this by:
- Focusing on a work/life balance.
- Being one of the top 20 firms headquartered in Virginia, the firm provides new challenges, opportunities and exposure to all facets of public accounting and a diverse client base, while still maintaining a personal, collaborative environment.
- Fostering career development by providing opportunities for regular training, seminars, continuing education programs and conferences and sponsoring a mentoring program.
- Offering growth potential. Thompson Greenspon strongly believes in organic growth, many members of their leadership team began with the firm as a staff accountant.
- Providing the technology and resources available at larger firms.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits package, Fridays off in the summer, and an excellent working environment, including free parking and gym access. Visit here for more information on our Firm and benefits offered.
Thompson Greenspon is one of Northern Virginia’s largest accounting firms and is located in Fairfax, Virginia. We have been serving clients since 1956 and are known for our expertise in the areas of construction, financial services, non-profits, government contracting and employee benefit plans. Our primary services include audit and accounting, taxation, and business consulting. Our Firm philosophy, “Everything we do starts with knowing a client's business inside out. That's the key - to anticipating their needs, to solving their problems, to bringing them opportunities they might not find on their own," guides our success.
Contact Thompson Greenspon today to learn how to have a rewarding, challenging career and an excellent work life balance.
Partnering in your professional success. Proud to be one of The Washington Post’s Top Workplaces for the past five years.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.