Looking for an excellent work/life balance and a rewarding and challenging career at an established public accounting firm? Thompson Greenspon, a Fairfax CPA firm and Washington Post Top Workplace, seeks a Full-Time Business Accounting Services Specialist to work on the accounting needs of our diverse client base.
In this position you will have the opportunity to make an impact by managing accounting needs of the firm’s clients and supervising staff. Candidates who are able to prioritize projects, collaborate with others, provide clear instructions when delegating, learn new technologies and communicate with clients will thrive in this position.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Review and supervise team members monthly work
- Manage and delegate client work to team members and manage deadlines
- Professional interaction with clients
- Reconcile bank and credit card statements
- Record and reconcile payroll transactions
- Prepare month-end and annual close journal entries
- Recognize unusual variances in monthly accounting
- Record general ledger activity
- Preparation of Federal, state and local payroll returns
- Preparation of sales tax returns
- Preparation of personal property returns and business licenses
- Preparation of year-end 1099s
- Assist clients setting up QB/QBO file and provide general QB support to clients
Qualified candidates will:
- Have 4+ years of relevant experience
- Be detail-oriented
- Possess strong computer skills, including MS Office
- Have advanced QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online experience
- Be able to work with a team, while also being able to work independently and take initiative
- Enjoy learning new things and growing professionally
- Experience with Bill.com preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
Please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your specific experience related to the above listed skills and responsibilities and your salary requirements.
Thompson Greenspon is one of Northern Virginia’s largest accounting firms and is located in Fairfax, Virginia. We have been serving clients since 1956 and are known for our expertise in the areas of construction, professional services, non-profits, government contracting and employee benefit plans. Our primary services include audit and accounting, taxation, and business consulting. Our Firm philosophy, “Everything we do starts with knowing a client's business inside out. That's the key - to anticipating their needs, to solving their problems, to bringing them opportunities they might not find on their own," guides our success.
Partnering in your professional success. Proud to be one of The Washington Post’s Top Workplaces for many years
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.