Seasonal Tax Preparer
Looking for a challenging and rewarding seasonal tax opportunity? Thompson Greenspon, a Washington Post Top Workplace for the past 6 years, is hiring seasonal tax preparers to join their dynamic team from February 2020 – April 2020.
As a seasonal tax preparer, qualified candidates will have the opportunity to make an impact by:
- Completing the preparation and self-review of individual and other tax returns prepared by the firm.
- Developing an understanding of the firm’s policies and procedures.
- Developing technical skills both on the job and through formal training channels, including learning/using tax software (e.g., CCH Pro System fx Tax).
- Working as an effective team member to complete project components and assigned tasks within the agreed upon time.
- Communicating with clients as needed.
A qualified candidate will:
- Have recent individual tax return preparation experience, business return experience a plus.
- Be available to work a minimum of 32 hours per week in the Fairfax office between mid-February and early April.
- Preferably have a Bachelor’s Degree in the field of accounting or business.
- Preferably have a CPA or Enrolled Agent certification.
Join our Team!
Click below to apply today
We offer competitive salaries and benefits package, Fridays off in the summer, and an excellent working environment, including free parking and gym access. Visit here for more information on our Firm and benefits offered.
Thompson Greenspon is one of Northern Virginia’s largest accounting firms and is located in Fairfax, Virginia. We have been serving clients since 1956 and are known for our expertise in the areas of construction, financial services, non-profits, government contracting and employee benefit plans. Our primary services include audit and accounting, taxation, and business consulting. Our Firm philosophy, “Everything we do starts with knowing a client's business inside out. That's the key - to anticipating their needs, to solving their problems, to bringing them opportunities they might not find on their own," guides our success.
Partnering in your professional success. Proud to be one of The Washington Post’s Top Workplaces for the past six years.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.