Looking for a fantastic career opportunity and excellent work/life balance? Interested in a challenging and rewarding career in IT? Thompson Greenspon, a growing mid-size CPA firm in the metro DC area is hiring a Systems Administrator. The Systems Administrator works under minimal supervision and is responsible for the data processing equipment, hardware and software. This position requires frequent communication with all staff and familiarity with specialty area needs, firm policy and current technology. Also provides technology services to clients.
As the Systems Administrator you will have the opportunity to make an impact by:
- Resolving day-to-day user technical problems. Identify problem trends. Proactively propose and implement firm-wide solutions.
- Installing and maintaining all software that resides on workstations and production servers. This requires a working knowledge of how applications are related, their basic function and how updates are installed.
- Proposing, testing and installing remote network access solutions.
- Ordering and configuring new equipment.
- Coordinating installation and maintenance of all network-and locally attached devices including servers, PC’s, printers, copiers, fax machines, scanners and other hardware.
- Adding and maintain network users; assign application security.
- Overseeing the daily backups, testing and the preservation of all files stored on production servers. This includes a disaster recovery plan, cross training and overseeing the offsite storage of backup media. (Backups are outsourced)
- Providing basic maintenance of firm printers. (Printer maintenance is outsourced)
- Archiving and/or removal of unused software and files.
- Initiating virus detection policies, procedures and software protection.
- Administering phone network and network servers.
- Maintaining inventory of all hardware and software in use, including any documents required for authorizing warranty service.
- Identifying and managing the testing of new technology (hardware and software solutions).
- Coordinating and/or providing employee training/support regarding production applications and network/utility programs currently used (individual and group).
- Keeping current with any new technology that could have an impact on productivity of all software used by the firm.
- Other IT duties such as: creating IT policies and procedures, conducting new employee IT orientation and training and chairing the IT committee.
- Assisting employee’s with personal computers/networks as they relate to the job.
Qualified Candidate will have:
- A minimum of three years of experience in workstation and network administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a specialization in information technology is preferred
- Experience with Cisco firewalls and Office 365 Exchange server preferred.
- Knowledge of commercial accounting systems a plus
- Proficiency with MS Office Programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, Onenote, PowerPoint, Teams and PDF document creation/conversion.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment, and aptitude for quick learning.
- Strong interpersonal skills and organization skills
- Ability to determine priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible to meet changing firm needs.
Please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your specific experience related to the above listed skills and responsibilities and your salary requirements.
Join our Team!
Click below to apply today
We offer competitive salaries and benefits package and an excellent working environment, including free parking and gym access. Visit here for more information on our Firm and benefits offered.
Thompson Greenspon is one of Northern Virginia’s largest accounting firms and is located in Fairfax, Virginia. We have been serving clients since 1956 and are known for our expertise in the areas of construction, financial services, non-profits, government contracting and employee benefit plans. Our primary services include audit and accounting, taxation, and business consulting. Our Firm philosophy, “Everything we do starts with knowing a client’s business inside out. That’s the key – to anticipating their needs, to solving their problems, to bringing them opportunities they might not find on their own,” guides our success.
Contact Thompson Greenspon today to learn how to have a rewarding, challenging career and an excellent work life balance.
Partnering in your professional success. Proud to be one of The Washington Post’s Top Workplaces for six years.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.