Tax Manager – Construction Industry Experience Preferred
Looking for a fantastic career opportunity and excellent work/life balance with a growing mid-size CPA firm in the metro DC area? Thompson Greenspon is seeking an exceptional, experienced Tax Manager, preferably with Construction Industry Experience, to join the Firm.
As a Tax Manager you will have the opportunity to make an impact by:
- Applying the technical skills to perform an effective review of all types of tax returns. This means performing the necessary level of review to ensure that relevant issues have been identified and resolved, planning opportunities explored, and that returns are complete and ready for Principal review
- Providing tax research and consulting services in response to tax return issues, client requests and identifying opportunities
- Managing engagements including the planning and supervision of the tax return preparation process, coordinating tax consulting projects
- Identifying tax planning & consulting opportunities, including coordination with client's other advisors
- Assuming certain tax and non-tax administrative responsibilities to assist the Principals with the overall management of the Firm
- Conversing directly with clients and their advisors and serving as the primary point of contact
- Proactively communicating with other staff on status of projects and assistance needed
- Mentoring and participating in training as a team leader
- Thinking proactively about practice development to include opportunities to cross sell to existing clients as well as identifying new clients
Qualified candidates will be a CPA with several years of progressive CPA firm experience in addition to some management experience. The candidate will have a/an:
- Extensive knowledge of the tax laws for S-Corps, C-Corps, Partnerships and Individuals
- Extensive knowledge of the Construction Industry preferred
- Multi-state and consolidated returns a plus.
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Understanding of a broad range of accounting issues including those involving higher levels of judgment such as: priority for income taxes, revenue recognition, subsequent events, contingencies and industry specific issues
- Knowledge of business trends
- Ability to review and provide feedback on tax work prepared by all staff in a professional manner
- Ability to establish a rapport and good communication with clientele
- Ability to gather, organize and summarize information efficiently and effectively
- Ability to adhere to given budgets and time deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet
- Ability to manage own time and the time of others
- Ability to motivate, develop and direct people as they work
- Capacity to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of how to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to train, orient and mentor staff
Join our Team!
Click below to apply today
We offer competitive salaries and benefits package, Fridays off in the summer, and an excellent working environment, including free parking and gym access. Visit here for more information on our Firm and benefits offered.
Thompson Greenspon is one of Northern Virginia’s largest accounting firms and is located in Fairfax, Virginia. We have been serving clients since 1956 and are known for our expertise in the areas of construction, financial services, non-profits, government contracting and employee benefit plans. Our primary services include audit and accounting, taxation, and business consulting. Our Firm philosophy, “Everything we do starts with knowing a client's business inside out. That's the key - to anticipating their needs, to solving their problems, to bringing them opportunities they might not find on their own," guides our success.
Partnering in your professional success. Proud to be one of The Washington Post’s Top Workplaces for six years
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.