Tax Manager – Individual Tax Group
Looking for a fantastic career opportunity and excellent work/life balance with a growing mid-size CPA firm in the metro DC area? Interested in a challenging career in public accounting working on individual tax work? Local mid-size CPA Firm is growing and seeks an exceptional, experienced tax manager to join the Individual Tax Group at the Firm.
Part-time annual hours are available with 40+ hours required during the peak tax season, and possibly during prior to the October 15th tax deadlines.
Our individual tax team prepares Federal and Multistate tax returns for individual tax clients, performs tax planning and projections and tax correspondence.
As a tax manager – individual tax group, a qualified candidate will have the opportunity to make an impact by:
- Appling technical skills to perform an effective review of individual income tax returns. Thus, performing the necessary level of review to ensure that relevant issues have been identified and resolved, planning opportunities explored, and returns are complete and ready for Principal review.
- Developing a relationship with individual tax clients, communicating directly and serving as primary point of contact.
- Thinking proactively about practice development to include opportunities to cross sell to existing clients as well as identifying new clients.
- Proactively communicating with other staff on status of projects and assistance needed.
- Mentoring and participating in training as an attendee and as a leader.
- Assuming certain tax and non-tax administrative responsibilities to assist principals with the overall management of the Firm.
- Mentoring and participating in training as a team leader.
A qualified tax manager - individual tax group candidate will:
- Have 5+ years recent individual tax experience, including experience supervising.
- Possess broad tax knowledge, with an expertise and passion for individual tax.
- Will conduct tax research, tax projections, tax planning and resolve tax issues.
- Have a valid CPA license or Enrolled Agent license.
- Be able to multi-task and remain organized in a high client volume environment.
- Have the ability to establish a rapport and good communication with clientele.
- Have an understanding of a broad range of accounting issues.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent required.
- Multi-state background a plus.
- Have excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Knowledge of ProSystems income tax preparation software a plus.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits package, Fridays off in the summer, and an excellent working environment, including free parking and gym access. Visit here for more information on our Firm and benefits offered.
Thompson Greenspon is one of Northern Virginia’s largest accounting firms and is located in Fairfax, Virginia. We have been serving clients since 1956 and are known for our expertise in the areas of construction, professional services, non-profits, government contracting and employee benefit plans. Our primary services include audit and accounting, taxation, and business consulting. Our Firm philosophy, “Everything we do starts with knowing a client's business inside out. That's the key - to anticipating their needs, to solving their problems, to bringing them opportunities they might not find on their own," guides our success.
Partnering in your professional success. Proud to be one of The Washington Post’s Top Workplaces for six years
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Join our Team!
Click below to apply today