Tax Senior – Estate and Trust Taxation
Our estate and trust tax team prepares Federal and Multistate tax returns for various clients, performs tax planning and projections and tax correspondence.
As a Tax Senior - Estate and Trust you will have the opportunity to make an impact by:
- Preparing a variety of tax returns for multiple clients including: estate, trust, gift and private foundation tax returns
- Preparing tax returns for high net worth individuals
- Handling probate administration
- Developing a relationship with and maintaining contact with individual clients
- Identifying tax planning and consulting opportunities
- Having the ability to work for multiple clients simultaneously.
- Being the in-charge accountant on specific clients
- Beginning to supervise staff and review work
- Communicating directly with clients and serving as the primary point of contact
- Proactively communicates with other staff on status of projects and assistance needed
- Being able to tackle more complex accounting and/ or tax issues
- Being cognizant of time budgets, but not allowing time budgets to sacrifice the quality and/or efficiency
Qualified candidates will have 3-5+ years of CPA firm experience and will:
- Possess a broad tax knowledge, with an expertise and passion for estate and trust taxation
- Have their CPA license or actively pursuing
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have the ability to establish a rapport and good communication with clientele
- Have the ability to adhere to given budgets and time deadlines
- Be able to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Have the ability to gather, organize and summarize information efficiently and effectively
Join our Team!
Click below to apply today
We offer competitive salaries and benefits package, Fridays off in the summer, and an excellent working environment, including free parking and gym access. Visit here for more information on our Firm and benefits offered.
Thompson Greenspon is one of Northern Virginia’s largest accounting firms and is located in Fairfax, Virginia. We have been serving clients since 1956 and are known for our expertise in the areas of construction, financial services, non-profits, government contracting and employee benefit plans. Our primary services include audit and accounting, taxation, and business consulting. Our Firm philosophy, “Everything we do starts with knowing a client's business inside out. That's the key - to anticipating their needs, to solving their problems, to bringing them opportunities they might not find on their own," guides our success.
Contact Thompson Greenspon today to learn how to have a rewarding, challenging career and an excellent work life balance.
Partnering in your professional success. Proud to be one of The Washington Post’s Top Workplaces for the past five years.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.