Looking for a fantastic career opportunity? Fairfax CPA firm seeks a full-time experienced, team-oriented professional to join their dynamic administrative team. We believe our outstanding client service begin and ends with our exceptional team. Employees experience a collaborative work environment, opportunities to learn and grow and challenging and meaningful work, all while experiencing a balanced life.
Ranked as a Top Workplace for many years by The Washington Post, Thompson Greenspon knows this is due to the fact that their top priority is ensuring a happy and healthy workplace.
- Qualified candidates will:
- Be team and detail-oriented
- Have excellent writing, grammar and proof-reading skills
- Have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook
- Be able to adapt and learn quickly
- Be able to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Be fluent in English
- 2+ years’ experience working in a professional office setting is preferred
- A 4-year degree is preferred; equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience may be substituted
- Be able to work overtime/occasional Saturdays during tax season (mid-February – mid-April).
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Proofreading client financial statements, proposals and special projects using advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel
- Maintaining formatting consistency and writing standards (i.e. spelling, grammar, punctuation) in client financial statements and correspondence
- Tracking and assembling client tax returns
- Sending secure electronic documents to clients
- Supporting partners of the firm
- Typing/editing correspondence
- Planning and executing Firm social events
- Other general office duties such as: bank deposit, answering phones, mail, ordering supplies, and preparing FedEx packages
- Ensuring quality control of assigned work
We offer competitive salaries and benefits package and an excellent working environment, including free parking and gym access. Visit here for more information on our Firm and benefits offered.
Thompson Greenspon is one of Northern Virginia’s largest accounting firms and is located in Fairfax, Virginia. We have been serving clients since 1956 and are known for our expertise in the areas of construction, professional services, non-profits, government contracting and employee benefit plans. Our primary services include audit and accounting, taxation, and business consulting. Our Firm philosophy, “Everything we do starts with knowing a client's business inside out. That's the key - to anticipating their needs, to solving their problems, to bringing them opportunities they might not find on their own," guides our success.
Partnering in your professional success. Proud to be one of The Washington Post’s Top Workplaces for many years
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.