Looking for a fantastic career opportunity and excellent work/life balance with a growing mid-size CPA firm in the metro DC area? Thompson Greenspon is seeking an exceptional, experienced Audit Manager, to join the Firm.
As an Audit Manager you will have the opportunity to make an impact by:
- Planning, directing and reviewing all phases of audit, review and compilation engagements for clients in various industries, which may include: construction, non-profit, professional service firms, government contractors, employee benefit plans
- Developing relationships with engagement related personnel who are responsible for accounting matters
- Providing research and consulting services, including coordination with client’s other advisors
- Identifying planning and consulting opportunities
- Assuming certain administrative responsibilities to assist the Principals with the overall management of the Firm
- Conversing directly with clients and their advisors and serving as the primary point of contact
- Proactively communicating with other staff on status of projects and assistance needed
- Mentoring and participating in training as a team leader
- Thinking proactively about practice development to include opportunities to cross sell to existing clients as well as identifying new clients
Qualified candidates will be a CPA with several years of progressive CPA firm experience in addition to some management experience. The candidate will have a/an:
- Understanding of GAAP and GAAS and have general tax knowledge
- Understanding of a broad range of accounting issues including those involving higher levels of judgment such as: priority for income taxes, revenue recognition, subsequent events, contingencies and industry specific issues
- Knowledge of business trends
- Ability to review and provide feedback on work prepared by all staff in a professional manner
- Ability to establish a rapport and good communication with clientele
- Ability to gather, organize and summarize information efficiently and effectively
- Ability to adhere to given budgets and time deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet
- Ability to manage own time and the time of others
- Ability to motivate, develop and direct people as they work
- Capacity to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of how to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to train, orient and mentor staff
Please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your specific experience related to the above listed skills and responsibilities and your salary requirements.
Thompson Greenspon is one of Northern Virginia’s largest accounting firms and is located in Fairfax, Virginia. We have been serving clients since 1956 and are known for our expertise in the areas of construction, professional services, non-profits, government contracting and employee benefit plans. Our primary services include audit and accounting, taxation, and business consulting. Our Firm philosophy, “Everything we do starts with knowing a client's business inside out. That's the key - to anticipating their needs, to solving their problems, to bringing them opportunities they might not find on their own," guides our success.
Partnering in your professional success. Proud to be one of The Washington Post’s Top Workplaces for many years
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.