An audit senior leads or is the senior field personnel for specific audits, reviews and compilations for clients in various industries, including not-for-profit, construction, real estate, government contracting and financial services. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing relationships with engagement-related client personnel who are responsible for accounting matters
- Maintaining contact with client personnel responsible for the engagement matters throughout the year; possessing a deep knowledge of the client and the client’s business
- Identifying planning & consulting opportunities
- Planning, directing and reviewing all phases of select engagements
- Having the ability to establish workload priorities and work independently
- Ensuring delivery of quality client service and maintaining profitable client relationshipsBeginning to supervise and mentor team members and delegate work
- Conducting research and perform other related tasks
- Starting to analyze more complex accounting and/ or tax issues
- Being cognizant of time budgets, but does not allow time budgets to sacrifice the quality of the audit procedures
Qualified candidates will have several years of CPA firm experience and will:
- Possess and continue to develop a knowledge of GAAP and GAAS related to specific engagements and industries and a general tax knowledge
- Continue gaining an understanding for a range of accounting issues including those involving professional judgment such as: priority for income taxes, revenue recognition, subsequent events, contingencies and industry specific procedures
- Be knowledgeable of business trends
- Have the ability to review and provide feedback on work prepared by staff auditors in a professional manner
- Possess the skill to establish a rapport and good communication with clientele
- Be able to gather, organize and summarize information efficiently and effectively
- Have the capacity to adhere to budgets and time deadlines
- Be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet
- Motivate, develop and direct people as they work
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Have the ability to train, orient and mentor staff
- Have their CPA license or actively pursuing
Submit your resume
If it sounds like we could be a good fit, click below to submit your resume today.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits package, Fridays off in the summer, and an excellent working environment, including free parking and gym access. Visit here for more information on our Firm and benefits offered.
Thompson Greenspon is one of Northern Virginia’s largest accounting firms and is located in Fairfax, Virginia. We have been serving clients since 1956 and are known for our expertise in the areas of construction, financial services, non-profits, government contracting and employee benefit plans. Our primary services include audit and accounting, taxation, and business consulting. Our Firm philosophy, “Everything we do starts with knowing a client's business inside out. That's the key - to anticipating their needs, to solving their problems, to bringing them opportunities they might not find on their own," guides our success.
Contact Thompson Greenspon today to learn how to have a rewarding, challenging career and an excellent work life balance.
Partnering in your professional success. Proud to be one of The Washington Post’s Top Workplaces for the past four years.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.