An audit supervisor leads or is the senior field personnel for audits, reviews and compilations for clients in various industries, including not-for-profit, construction, real estate and government contracting and employee benefit plan audit. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, directing and reviewing all phases of an engagement for all types of engagements
- Having the ability to work for multiple clients simultaneously
- Ensuring delivery of quality client service and maintain profitable client relationships
- Developing, supervising and mentoring team members
- Conducting research and performing other related tasks
- Developing relationships with engagement-related client personnel who are responsible for accounting matters
- Maintaining contact with client personnel responsible for the engagement matters throughout the year
- Possessing a deep knowledge of the client and the client’s business
- Directly interacting with executive level client personnel and owners
- Identifying planning and consulting opportunities
- Being able to tackle more complex accounting and/ or tax issues
- Being cognizant of time budgets, but does not allow time budgets to sacrifice the quality of the audit procedures
Qualified candidates will be a CPA with 5+ years of progressive CPA firm experience and will:
- Possess a broad knowledge of GAAP and GAAS and a general tax knowledge
- Have an understanding of a broad range of accounting issues including those involving higher levels of judgment such as: priority for income taxes, revenue recognition, subsequent events, contingencies and industry specific procedures
- Be knowledgeable of business trends
- Have the ability to review and provide feedback on work prepared by all staff in a professional manner
- Be able to establish a rapport and good communication with clientele
- Demonstrate the ability to gather, organize and summarize information efficiently and effectively
- Have the capacity to adhere to budgets and time deadlines
- Be proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Motivate, develop and direct others as they work
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Have the ability to train, orient and mentor staff
Join our Team!
Click below to apply today
We offer competitive salaries and benefits package, Fridays off in the summer, and an excellent working environment, including free parking and gym access. Visit here for more information on our Firm and benefits offered.
Thompson Greenspon is one of Northern Virginia’s largest accounting firms and is located in Fairfax, Virginia. We have been serving clients since 1956 and are known for our expertise in the areas of construction, financial services, non-profits, government contracting and employee benefit plans. Our primary services include audit and accounting, taxation, and business consulting. Our Firm philosophy, “Everything we do starts with knowing a client's business inside out. That's the key - to anticipating their needs, to solving their problems, to bringing them opportunities they might not find on their own," guides our success.
Contact Thompson Greenspon today to learn how to have a rewarding, challenging career and an excellent work life balance.
Partnering in your professional success. Proud to be one of The Washington Post’s Top Workplaces for the past five years.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.