Our tax team prepares Federal and Multistate tax returns (C corporation, S corporation, trust and estate, individual, nonprofit, corporate and partnership using Prosystems Fx). As a tax senior you will have the opportunity to make an impact by:
- Developing a relationship with engagement-related client personnel who are responsible for tax matters
- Supervising and assisting less experienced staff
- Maintaining contact with client personnel responsible for tax matters throughout the year; possessing a good knowledge of the client and the client’s business especially as related to tax matters
- Identifying tax planning and consulting opportunities
- Having the ability to work for multiple clients simultaneously
- Communicating directly with clients and serving as the primary point of contact
- Proactively communicating with other staff on status of projects and assistance needed
- Bringing unusual or significant tax questions to the attention of the manager or partner
- Tackling more complex accounting and/or tax issues
- Being cognizant of time budgets, but not allowing time budgets to sacrifice the quality and/or efficiency
Qualified candidates will have several years of CPA firm experience and will:
- Possess a broad tax knowledge and a basic knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have the ability to establish a rapport and good communication with clientele
- Have the ability to adhere to given budgets and time deadlines
- Be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet
- Be able to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Have the ability to gather, organize and summarize information efficiently and effectively
- Have their CPA license or actively pursuing
Join our Team!
Click below to apply today
We offer competitive salaries and benefits package, Fridays off in the summer, and an excellent working environment, including free parking and gym access. Visit here for more information on our Firm and benefits offered.
Thompson Greenspon is one of Northern Virginia’s largest accounting firms and is located in Fairfax, Virginia. We have been serving clients since 1956 and are known for our expertise in the areas of construction, financial services, non-profits, government contracting and employee benefit plans. Our primary services include audit and accounting, taxation, and business consulting. Our Firm philosophy, “Everything we do starts with knowing a client's business inside out. That's the key - to anticipating their needs, to solving their problems, to bringing them opportunities they might not find on their own," guides our success.
Contact Thompson Greenspon today to learn how to have a rewarding, challenging career and an excellent work life balance.
Partnering in your professional success. Proud to be one of The Washington Post’s Top Workplaces for the past five years.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.