Our tax team prepares Federal and Multistate tax returns for C corporations, S corporations, partnerships, trusts and estates, individuals, nonprofits and entities.
As a Tax Supervisor you will have the opportunity to make an impact by:
- Developing a relationship with engagement-related client personnel who are responsible for tax matters
- Maintains contact with client personnel responsible for tax matters throughout the year; possesses a good knowledge of the client and the client’s business especially as related to tax matters
- Identifying tax planning and consulting opportunities
- Having the ability to work for multiple clients simultaneously
- Communicating directly with clients and serving as the primary point of contact
- Proactively communicates with other staff on status of projects and assistance needed
Mentoring and participating in training as an attendee and as a leader
- Brings unusual or significant tax questions to the attention of the manager or partner
- Able to tackle more complex accounting and/ or tax issues
- Being cognizant of time budgets, but does not allow time budgets to sacrifice the quality and/or efficiency
Qualified candidates will be a CPA with several years of progressive CPA firm experience and will:
- Possess a broad tax knowledge and a basic knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Understanding of a broad range of accounting issues including those involving higher levels of judgment such as: priority for income taxes, revenue recognition, subsequent events, contingencies and industry specific procedure
- Knowledge of business trends
- Ability to review and provide feedback on tax work prepared by all staff in a professional manner
- The ability to establish a rapport and good communication with clientele
- Ability to gather, organize and summarize information efficiently and effectively
- Ability to adhere to given budgets and time deadlines
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet
- Motivate, develop and direct people as they work
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Applies principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to train, orient and mentor staff
Join our Team!
Click below to apply today
Thompson Greenspon is one of Northern Virginia’s largest accounting firms and is located in Fairfax, Virginia. We have been serving clients since 1956 and are known for our expertise in the areas of construction, professional services, non-profits, government contracting and employee benefit plans. Our primary services include audit and accounting, taxation, and business consulting. Our Firm philosophy, “Everything we do starts with knowing a client's business inside out. That's the key - to anticipating their needs, to solving their problems, to bringing them opportunities they might not find on their own," guides our success.
Partnering in your professional success. Proud to be one of The Washington Post’s Top Workplaces for many years
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.