Carolyn Quill is the lead tax principal of Thompson Greenspon and has been with the firm since 2016. Prior to joining Thompson Greenspon, Carolyn worked with a local Metro DC accounting firm where she was the managing partner of the tax department. Carolyn has more than 25 years of public accounting experience, working with large multi-state and closely held businesses, their owners and executives, as well as extensive involvement in individual and business taxation and planning. Carolyn’s experience also includes working with trusts and estates, compensation and retirement planning, and succession issues.
In addition, Carolyn works closely with clients whose needs go beyond general tax compliance. She has substantial involvement with government contractors and the complex issues they encounter, including mergers and acquisitions, strategic planning and compliance.
Carolyn has been a frequent speaker and instructor to groups and associations on tax and business-related issues. She has also authored numerous tax articles for publication and has been named a Top Financial Advisor by Washingtonian magazine in 2022 and 2023.
- BS, Accounting, Merrimack College
- JD, University of Denver College of Law
- LL.M. Taxation, Georgetown University
- Girl Scout Council of the Nation’s Capital, Governance Committee Member
- CPAmerica, Former Tax Advisory Committee Member
- Homestretch, Inc., Former Board Member
- Greater Washington Society of CPAs Tax Committee, Past Chair
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA)
- Small and Emerging Contractor’s Advisory Forum (SECAF)
- Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce, Member
On a personal note
When Carolyn’s not working, she enjoys spending time with her husband, 3 sons and 2 labradoodles while dipping her toes in the ocean. The beach is Carolyn’s happy place.