Gray Coyner is a principal with Thompson Greenspon and has been with the firm since 2007. He first joined the firm as an intern and was hired as a staff accountant upon graduation.
Gray is responsible for providing accounting, auditing and tax services to clients engaged in various industries such as construction, nonprofit, closely-held business and employee benefit plans. His experience includes overall accounting assistance, consulting services, tax return preparation and compilation, review and audit services.
Gray earned his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Accounting from Union University in 2008. As a student at Union, he was awarded the Accounting Medal for having the highest Accounting GPA and upon graduation he received the Curtiss E. Scott Business Excellence Award for his combined high GPA and service to the community. Gray was also awarded the Outstanding Young Alumnus Award from Union University in 2021.
Gray is also the proud recipient of the 2023 NVBIA Future Leaders’ Outstanding Member Member award.
- BSBA, Business Administration-Accounting, Union University
- Executive Committee – At Large Member, Construction Industry CPAs/Consultants Association (CICPAC)
- Past Chair, Northern Virginia Building Industry Association (NVBIA), Future Leaders Committee
- Past President, Inverness Village West Homeowners Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA)
- Construction Industry CPAs/Consultants Association (CICPAC)
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA)
- Transformational Leadership Program
On a personal note
Gray caught the travel bug when his family lived in Europe when he was younger, one of his goals is to visit every continent…only 1 more to go!