Carolyn C. Quill, CPA, JD, LL.M.
Carolyn Quill recently joined Thompson Greenspon as a principal in the firm’s tax practice.
Carolyn has more than 25 years of public accounting experience, working with large multi-state and closely held businesses, their owners and executives, as well as extensive involvement in individual and partnership taxation and planning. Carolyn’s experience also includes working with trusts and estates, compensation and retirement planning, succession issues, and nonprofit organizations.
In addition, Carolyn works closely with clients whose needs go beyond general tax compliance. She has substantial involvement with government contractors and the complex issues they encounter, including mergers and acquisitions.
Prior to joining Thompson Greenspon, Carolyn worked with a local Metro DC accounting firm where she was the managing partner of the tax department.
Carolyn has been a frequent speaker and instructor to groups and associations on tax and other business-related issues. She has also authored numerous tax articles for publication.
- Chair, Greater Washington Society of CPAs Tax Committee
- Member, AICPA Women’s Initiative Champions Task Force
- Board Member, Washington Women’s Leadership Initiative
- Former Treasurer, Falls Church Education Foundation
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA)
- Greater Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants (GWSCPA)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Washington Women’s Leadership Initiative (WWLI)
- Small and Emerging Contractor’s Advisory Forum (SECAF)
- BS, Accounting, Merrimack College
- JD, University of Denver College of Law
- LL.M. Taxation, Georgetown University