Carolyn C. Quill, CPA, JD, LL.M.
Carolyn Quill is the lead tax principal of Thompson Greenspon and has been with the firm since 2016. Prior to joining Thompson Greenspon, Carolyn worked with a local Metro DC accounting firm where she was the managing partner of the tax department. Carolyn has more than 25 years of public accounting experience, working with large multi-state and closely held businesses, their owners and executives, as well as extensive involvement in individual and business taxation and planning. Carolyn’s experience also includes working with trusts and estates, compensation and retirement planning, succession issues, and nonprofit organizations.
In addition, Carolyn works closely with clients whose needs go beyond general tax compliance. She has substantial involvement with government contractors and the complex issues they encounter, including mergers and acquisitions, strategic planning and compliance.
Carolyn has been a frequent speaker and instructor to groups and associations on tax and business-related issues. She has also authored numerous tax articles for publication.
- Washington Women’s Leadership Initiative, Treasurer, Board Member
- CPAmerica, Tax Advisory Committee
- Homestretch, Inc., Board Member
- Girl Scout Council of the Nation’s Capital, Member
- Greater Washington Society of CPAs Tax Committee, Past Chair
- Falls Church Education Foundation, Former Treasurer
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA)
- Greater Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants (GWSCPA)
- Washington Women’s Leadership Initiative (WWLI)
- Small and Emerging Contractor’s Advisory Forum (SECAF)
- BS, Accounting, Merrimack College
- JD, University of Denver College of Law
- LL.M. Taxation, Georgetown University