Charles F. Helme III, CPA, CGMA
Chip Helme is the managing principal of Thompson Greenspon and has been with the firm since 1986.
Chip provides audit, accounting, tax and advisory services to a diverse range of clients, including construction contractors, nonprofit organizations, professional service firms and closely-held businesses.
Within the construction industry, Chip’s clients include residential homebuilders, real estate developers, and general and specialty contractors. He provides financial statement and tax planning & preparation services, and advice on internal controls, accounting systems, and operational issues.
Chip’s nonprofit clients include private schools, trade associations, churches, fraternal organizations and private foundations. Chip audits and has extensive experience with the unique financial reporting and tax requirements of nonprofit organizations.
Chip is committed to the business community and has been a guest speaker for several Northern Virginia Chambers of Commerce to guide local businesses on improving their cash flow. Since 2009, he has been named a “Super CPA” by the Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants and Virginia Business Magazine in the category of Government/Nonprofit.
- Board Member, Northern Virginia Building Industry Association (NVBIA)
- Board Member, HomeAid Northern Virginia
- Board Member, George Mason University Accounting Advisory Council
- Former Board Member and Treasurer, Centreville High School Athletic Booster Club
- Former Board Member & Chair, CPAmerica
- Former Treasurer, George Mason University Alumni Association
- Former Treasurer, Fairfax County Crimesolvers
- Former Scoutmaster and Cubmaster, Boy Scouts of America
- Construction Industry CPAs/Consultants Association (CICPAC)
- Construction Financial Managers Association (CFMA)
- American Society of Association Executives (ASAE)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA)
- Northern Virginia VSCPA
- BS, Accounting, George Mason University